Next: 8.5 Summary
Up: 8.4 The Reformed Model
Previous: 8.4.1 The reformed model
To obtain the critical slow plunger velocity, one has to follow this procedure:
- Calculate/estimate the weight of the liquid metal.
- Calculate the volume of the liquid metal (make sure that you use the liquid
phase property and not the solid phase).
- Calculate the percentage of filling in the shot sleeve,
- Find the number from Figure .
- Use the number found to calculate the plunger velocity
by using equation ().
Genick Bar-Meir ||| www.potto.org
copyright Dec , 2006
The pdf version is also available here