Basics of Fluid Mechanics
Downloads ver. 0.3.4.0 July 25, 2013 (666 pp)What is the difference between Potto project books and other books: Potto project's books are simply designed to be the best. This book contains innovative ideas which make some chapters the best in the world. To be specific, consider that all the books on fluid mechanics provides definition of the bulk modulus. However, only Potto Project book explains how to use it in hydrostatic cases. This is the only fluid mechanics book that discuss Nusselts method in dimensional analysis.
- Online is now partially available The online version is more advance than 0.3.4.1
- Version 0.3.4.1 is partially available for online viewing. Release Notes, ChangeLog.
- The whole book ver. 0.3.4.0
- pdf version (8.9M 666pp.)
- djvu version (8.1M 666pp.)
- epub version (1.4M 666pp.)
- LaTeX source with pictures (146M)
- potto style file (16k)
- Parts of the books ver. 0.3.4.0
- Review of Mechanics
- Mass Conservation
- Momentum Conservation
- Energy Conservation
- Differential Equations
- Dimensional Analysis
- Invicsid Flow
- 1 Dimensional Compressible Flow
- 2 Dimensional Compressible Flow
- Multi-Phase Flow
- MD5SUM of the downloads
- The md5 of various files for these books and software is here. This place explains what is md5sum.
- Gas Dynamics Tables
Here you can see and get the largest, most extensive gas dynamics
tables in the world.
These tables were generated by the Potto-GDC.
The Gas dynamics tables can be downloaded in several formats.
* Please help to design a cover page.
About Potto Project
Potto Project has been created by Dr. Genick Bar-Meir and friends to build open source software and open content textbooks for college students. Over 1,000,000 (million) Potto Project books were downloaded from 175 different countries since 2005.
Potto Project is under open content licenses, which means that you will always have the freedom to use it, make copies of it, and improve it. You are encouraged to make use of these freedoms and share the textbooks and program with your family and friends!